Guest Join UsHey There,
Now that everyone's preppin, join us!!
Find out how much toilet paper you'll need!
Read about prepping Pre-COVID-19
Find out how to build a tinfoil hat
Surviving on only urine??
Start a car with an egg and black pepper
Escape from a freezer
Evade a hungry charging bear
Much More.. or Create an Account

RED ALERT: COVID-19 Global Pandemic x

Moderators Wanted (Apply Within) x

Previos GRF members, you will need to reregister and READ THIS
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon Recommendation Thread
@Gomez...

An 8' Viking spear is a wonderful weapon to keep them from getting too close or a hand and a half broadsword, (see my avatar), and neither one has to be reloaded.
(12-14-2013, 05:03 PM)Big B Wrote: hahahahahahahaha.....:biggrin:

...and then someone pulls out a cheap .25 auto and puts your lights out!

God Bless You Brother....

Under the proper circumstances my friend, think outside the box...
(12-14-2013, 06:46 PM)Big B Wrote: hahahahahahahahahahaha....:biggrin:

I'm sorry....I just laugh all them time....

"BK"...let's just say that all we are "prepping" for actually happened and I saw someone that looks like your avatar was romping through my compound....maybe he would be victorious.....simply because I would be rolling around on the ground laughing.....:biggrin:

It is impossible for some one of my years to "romp" in a chain mail shirt! I was thinking more of a DHS thug kicking in my door and getting a 37" steel blade through his throat!

Remember, if everyone did as you are planning and sat at home defending their turf there would be no more violence, no more wars and no more bloodshed as we would all be busy guarding our own. It is the offensive bastards that screw up the peace you know!
So we had a small windfall Friday, came up on a couple hundred dollars we hadn't expected and already spent, so as usual, we applied it to our preps. We have been thinking about a decent pellet rifle for taking small game, and basic rifle marksmanship for the family. So we checked the Sunday paper for the Academy, Gander Mountain, and Sports Authority sales ads, and found a couple models that fit our budget. After all the requisite internet searches and Youtube reviews, we headed out to Academy. We found a Gamo 1200, on sale for $139.99, $20.00 off. When we actually got to the checkout, it rang up at only $89.99!!! I brought it in to work this morning to zero the scope, found that when I attached the scope to the rifle on my couch last night, it was set dead on at 75 ft. Awesome, I'm not crazy about sighting in scopes. Now, so far this morning, I've managed to kill two of the biggest squirrels I've ever seen, at about 60 ft, headshots on both. Now that lunch is covered, I guess I better get to work... So, Gamo 1200 pellet rifles get a A+ rating, even if you have to pay full price, this pellet rifle will keep meat in the pot. Be careful, though- @YuriGlockov wasn't aware that air rifles DO have a minimum amount of recoil, and he got a bloody little scope kiss right in the middle of his forehead!! lolololol He deserves it... lolololololol
(12-16-2013, 06:41 PM)Big B Wrote: Earl T...

Is there any reason why you want a piston gun over a .22?

I have a Crossman .22 co2 pellet rifle that was actually used by Marines in the South Pacific during WWII and it will kill Bunnies out to 100 yards with body shots.....first 20 shots....after that it starts loosing it's "oomph"...

I got it as a present 55 years ago and it still works today....to date it has taken out al least 10 deer...eye shots...

Probably a lot easier to get ammo for the air rifle, no?
(12-16-2013, 06:44 PM)Black Wrote: Probably a lot easier to get ammo for the air rifle, no?

and a lot less regulations. They aren't even on the radar yet that I have heard. It's just amazing to me how much accuracy you can get out of one of those.

.22 cal pellets 950 for $15 at midway !
.177 are $12.50 for 1200
Thank for reminding me that I have one in the closet! An early Christmas present!
Air rifle advantages - especially piston powered?

lower cost of operation, and stealth would be the biggest reasons to have one.

You could even sit at your kitchen window and collect a tree rat stew.
(12-16-2013, 08:07 PM)Mongoose Wrote: Air rifle advantages - especially piston powered?

lower cost of operation, and stealth would be the biggest reasons to have one.

You could even sit at your kitchen window and collect a tree rat stew.

My Dad tells me squirrels are quite tasty, though a bugger to skin.
Test
Offer an olive branch, be ready with an arrow.